Friday 12 August 2016

April 2016 Week 13 Session 1

I'm into extratime beyond my 12 week block now as I couldn't arrange a session with Julian for a few weeks. That gives me an opportunity to consolidate my progress.

Today's long swim started very leisurely, I suspect that I am still tired from last weekend's run and the activities since then. I made an effort in the third and final set and pulled the pace up a little so the net result was fairly consistent pacing. A little slower than some weeks but within my current variability.

I think my lethargy passed onto my Garmin Swim watch as it missed counting many laps. The worst ever! I spotted the error after the  first set and ensured that I did a good push-off at each length thereafter. That didn't seem to make the slightest difference. On previous occasions when lengths have been missed I've been going with long slow strokes and I suppose that was the case today too.

Must try harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment